PLAYING WITH ROMANS: Explorations with Villu Toots
The Roman capitals, so beautiful, often push back with their precision, strong geometry and sense of perfection.
We will start by reviewing the basics of historical Roman proportions.
Then we will dive into the marvelously lively letters of Villu Toots. We will play with their shapes, size and structure, generating interesting calligraphic experimentation and abstract new forms. Approaching these wonderful letters from new and different angles, our transformations will guide us on exciting new paths of study and creation.
I am inviting you to join me for this intensive workshop. It is open to all level.
This workshop is open to all levels.
WHAT YOU GET
- recorded video lessons will be available after classes with no time limit to watch
- 5 hours in total online live classes
- 3rd day lesson dedicated for interaction, feedback, show and share and Q&A
- assignments will be sent after each lesson
- handouts for the entire session will be provided
- free support after the class (by email) for one month after the last session
It won't be mandatory to work during the live demonstration but of course you can practice with me if you want to. Part of the 3rd day lesson, instead, will be the time FOR YOU and your questions, showing and share your work and getting some feedback from the teacher.
If you won’t be able to be present at the live sessions, don’t worry, after each day's lesson you will get the link to the recorded videos available for you with no time limit to watch them.
Once you have registered 72 hours prior the day’s lesson you will get details and the link for the Zoom lessons access. Here below the material list you'll need.
THIS WORKSHOP WILL BE IN ENGLISH AND HAVE LIMITED NUMBER OF PLACES.
The price is 79 euro taxes included (sorry about the tax increase).
I will do regular invoice, but I won't send it to you, unless you ask for it.
DATES AND TIME
MONDAY 26 APRIL at 7pm Italy-Rome Time Zone
MONDAY 03 MAY at 7pm Italy-Rome Time Zone
MONDAY 10 MAY at 7pm Italy-Rome Time Zone
MATERIALS LIST SUGGESTED
These are the materials I will use during the lessons:
- ALL OF YOUR USUAL and “UNUSUAL” TOOLS YOU WANT TO USE (folding pens, rouling pens…)
- ORNAMENT PEN NIB 3mm any brand you find (Speedball, Brause ...)
- POINTED PEN FLEXIBLE NIB: any kind and brand of your favorite pen you use for your Copperplate
- AUTOMATIC PEN NUMBER 5 AND 4 (or one of the twos)
- A3 SIZE PAID PAPER SHEET 90g/m my suggestion is Canson XL paid or Fabriano Sketch, but any kind of other paper same size and weight are fine.
- 1 or 2 SHEETS OF BLACK PAPER around 90/120 g/m, any size, quality, and brand.
- SOME SHEETS OF COATED GLOSSY PAPER all kind of
- SOME SHEETS OF GOOD QUALITY PAPER (if you want do some finished works or practice in different surfaceMY SUGGESTIONS: Arches Mi-Teinte/ Rives BFK/ Arches Text Wove
- BLACK SUMI INK, OR any kind of ink-fluid you are using habitually and you are familiar with. (Walnut is fine too)
PS- please share this post on your FaceBook with the button here below to spread the word!