BLUE WORKSHOP_RECORDED CLASS
Here you will purchase the recorded 3 lessons from the workshop held last January 2022.
I will send you a link where download the 3 videos files, handout and supply list taht you will get with NO LIMIT TIME to watch.
PLEASE NOTE: sending video files is not automatic upon your purchase. You will receive the material as soon as I can upload it for you and send it to you immediately with a separate email.
Why is Blue so popular? What attracts us to it so strongly? Its spirituality, melancholy, depth, purity, happiness?
Carl Jung wrote, “We assume that blue, as vertical, means altitude and depth (i.e. the blue sky above, the blue sea below). Blue is the traditional color of the Virgin's coat, because it is feminine in nature. But the soul represents, like woman, the height and depth of man.”
In this workshop, we will use only the color blue: Indigo, Prussian, Ultramarine, to name but a few. Acrylics, inks, paper dyes, powder pigments, gesso. We will explore several dying techniques for creating backgrounds on paper in order to reach a spiritual atmosphere from which to perfectly integrate our calligraphy, examining and focusing on the expressivity of the calligraphic line and variations of romans letters.
At the conclusion of this workshop, each of us will write and bind our own personal “Blue Book."
This workshop is open to all levels.
THIS WORKSHOP WILL BE CONDUCTED IN ENGLISH. SPACES ARE LIMITED.
THE WORKSHOP INCLUDES
- 6 hours of live online classes
- unlimited access to video recordings for the entire 3-part session, no expiration date
- complete handouts
- dedicated Facebook Page where students can share their work and where Massimo will offer review and limited critiques
- It is not necessary to work during the live demonstration, but of course, you are welcome to practice along with Massimo.
- All recordings will be available to you with no time limit.
- Each lesson includes complete demonstrations and full instructions.
- 100 Euro. The price INCLUDES TAXES.
NOTE: I invoice the payment, but send it to you only upon request
SUGGESTED MATERIALS LIST
- All of your favorite usual and “unusual” tools (folding pens, ruling pens, etc)
- 1 mm Brause nib (or Speedball C5)
- Pointed pen with flexible nib (any brand, your favorite pen you use for Copperplate)
- 1 broad edged brush, approx 60mm/3 inches wide (very flat)
- Gouache, extra fine, in any color to contrast well with blue (i.e. ochre, white, gold, silver, etc)
- A very small quantity of Dry pigments (in powder), all of your favorites blue pigments (i.e. Prussian Blue, Natural Indigo, Ultramarine, Sodalite genuine, etc)
- Gum Arabic, a 60/100 ml. bottle
- Acrylic dark blue (some call it as "blue night" or Navy) any brand
- Fabric dye color in powder form (for washing machine) blue navy color or blue denim color
- Inks: blue, black, walnut
- Acrylic Gesso
- a plastic sheet to protect your work table
- For your exercises and therefore your book pages: at least 5 large sheets of PRINTMAKING PAPER, approximately 50x70 cm (20x27 inches), not more then 165/180 gsm. SUGGESTED BRANDS: Arches Text Wove (or called Velin), Hahnemhule, Rives BFK
- For your book cover: 2 full sheets of Mi-Teinte, dark color or similar, approximately 180/200 gsm
- for an experiment: 1 sheet of PRINTMAKING PAPER at least 240gsm size 50x70 cm (suggested Arches, Fabriano Rosaspina or the one you prefer)
- A water container more less 30x40 cm depth 10 cm (15”by8” depth 4”)
- bookbinding needles and thread
- bone folder
PLEASE SPREAD THE WORD! Click now!