BEYOND MINUSCOLA ROMANA. Recorded videos
Here you will purchase the recorded 3 lessons from the workshop held last March 2023.
I will send you a link where download the 3 videos files, handout and supply list that you will get with NO LIMIT TIME to watch.
PLEASE NOTE: sending video files is not automatic upon your purchase. You will receive the material as soon as I can upload it for you and send it to you immediately with a separate email.
If you thought you had discovered everything about this marvelous style of writing from the Italian Renaissance, do I have a surprise for you!
Our journey starts in 1402 with the humanist, Poggio Bracciolini, as he created the Minuscola Romana, also called Littera Antiqua or Humanistic hand. We will take a quick look at the foundations and historical forms of this amazingly elegant style. Our study includes the original manuscripts of an exceptional master, Francesco Periccioli, and the up-to-date and modern styles he inspired.
We will focus on the quality of our lines, taking care to reach very thin strokes in order to fully admire the elegance of these letters. After becoming familiar with the shapes, appreciating their artistic and graphic qualities, we will play with them, having fun with patterns and compositions on pictorial backgrounds.
We will switch tools and move to the flat brush, exploring its possibilities on different materials including fabric. You can even improve that old shirt you no longer wear or make a nice gift for a friend.
Finally, we will toss legibility aside and joyfully deconstruct our work, arriving at the total abstract. We will create work with strong graphic and expressive impact that will once again give us the opportunity to marvel at our work!
This workshop is open to all levels.
THIS WORKSHOP WILL BE CONDUCTED IN ENGLISH. SPACES ARE LIMITED.
THE WORKSHOP INCLUDES
- 6 hours of live online classes
- unlimited access to video recordings for the entire 3-part session, no expiration date
- complete handouts
- 100 Euro. The price INCLUDES TAXES.
NOTE: I invoice the payment, but send it to you only upon request
SUGGESTED BASIC SUPPLY LIST
-Speedball from C/1 to C/5 OR Brause or Mitchell from 0.5mm to 3mm
- Copperplate pointed pen (any brand and kind)
- Automatic pen N° 5 or 4
- Ruling pen or colapen (folding pen)
- Flat brush of good quality, I suggest Windsor & Newton series 995 No. 3/4 or 1/2 inch
- fluid black ink of your preference, suggested any Sumi ink, Quink ink alternatively walnut ink
- extra-fine quality gouache, suggested Talens or Windsor Newton colors of your choice (white or light color required)
- Bister ink powder or watercolors (one or two colors)
- fabric color (one is enough)
1 sketch pad, 9x12 inches (22.9 x 30.5 cm), 74-90gsm paper. Paper should have some tooth; not a super smooth paper (recommended/suggested in US/Canada: Canson XL Sketch,).
- 3 to 5 sheets good quality paper,maximum 180 gsm, around 19.5x27.5 inches/50x 70 cm. Recommended/suggested: Arches Text Wove OR Arches (or Artistico) cold-press watercolor paper , OR Canson Mi-Teintes, mixed light colors as you prefer OR similar papers you already own.
- 1/2 sheets black paper (or very dark color) 50x70 cm 160/180 gsm.
- **optional** light transparent paper like "pergamin" paper 2 big sheets
- cotton fabric to write on: T-shirts, shirts, pillowcase, curtains, old sheets.....any cotton or synthetic support you want and like to write on.
- Containers for water and colors, rulers , pencils, eraser .. etc.
PLEASE SPREAD THE WORD! Click now!