MY CALLIGRAPHY BOOK|VIDEO RECORDED CLASS
YOU WILL RECEIVE HERE THE RECORDED VIDEO OF THE CLASS HELD LAST JUNE 4th 2021
PLEASE NOTE: sending video files is not automatic upon your purchase. You will receive the material as soon as I can upload it for you and send it to you immediately with a separate email.
Binding a book is magic, connecting in one single object interpretations on varied and exciting pages.
In a calligraphy workshop, the path proposed by the instructor leads to many such sheets filled with ideas and forms, interesting yet disconnected from each other. The student can be left with a feeling of chaos. Precisely because all of the developments and discoveries arising from this path ARE indeed connected, my courses close with the binding of a book.
Join me in learning a bookbinding method that can be applied to all of your future workshops!
In this short but intensive 3-hour online session, we will take a variety of tools on an experimental calligraphic journey through Arabic and Latin letters. The experience will include suggested and interesting backgrounds for your calligraphy.
We will then bind all of our exercise sheets into a beautiful book – with an embossed cover! Your PERSONAL Art Book!
LEVEL: This workshop is open to all levels.
RECORDED VIDEOS OF THE WORKSHOP WITH NO TIME LIMIT TO SEE: you will get the files videos
WHAT YOU GET:
- 3-hour class
- materiali list I use during the lesson (see here below)
- handouts and instructional pages
- free email instructor support for one month after the video are sent
I will provide complete demonstrations and full instructions to proceed at your own calm pace.
Invoice available upon request.
SUGGESTED MATERIALS LIST:
These are the materials I will be using during the lesson:
FOR YOUR CALLIGRAPHY:
- 1 FLAT BRUSH approx 60mm/2.5 inches wide (very flat)
- STICK OF BALSA WOOD approx 30 mm wide, 100mm long, 3mm thick (approx 1.25 inches wide, 4 inches long, 1/8 inch thick)
- SPONGE approx 8x6 cm/2by3 inches
- ALL OF YOUR USUAL and FAVORITE “UNUSUAL” TOOLS (folding pens, ruling pens, etc…)
- AUTOMATIC PEN (size 5 or 4)
- FLUIDS: any of your favorite Sumi, Ecoline, extra fine gouache, calligraphy ink, or….
- a large plastic plate (approx 20cm/8 inches diameter) to dip your balsa stick.
- PAPER: at least 4 large sheets of GOOD QUALITY PAPER approximately 50x70 cm (20x27 inches), not more then 165/180 gsm. Suggested: Arches Text Wove (or called Velin) Canson Mi-Teinte, Rives BFK. (These will be for your exercises and therefore will be your book pages)
- 1 SHEET OF BLACK (or other dark color) PAPER around 90/120 gsm (text weight), 50x70cm/20x27 inches, any quality and brand you have.
FOR YOUR BOOK’S COVER & BINDING:
- COVER: 2 pieces of hard bookbinding board, size 13 cm by 33.5 cm each, 3mm thick (5 x 13 inches, 1/8 inch thick)
- EMBOSS TEMPLATE: 1 sheet of cardboard 0.7 mm thick, approx 500gsm, approx 30x40 cm (approx. 11x17 inches)
- 1 SHEET OF BLACK (or other dark color) PAPER around 90/100 gsm , 50x70cm/20x27 inches, any quality and brand you have but strong paper to be embossed. This will be the cover paper glued on the bookbinding board, it means your cover color.
- “exacto” knife or a good blade cutter
- bookbinding glue or diluted pva (with water at 10%)
- one brush around 4cm wide for gluing (bad quality)
- embossing tools or a good bone folder (a teflon bone folder is perfect)
- bookbinding needles and thread
p.s. Thank you for clicking here to share this post on FaceBook and helping me spread the word!